The Effects Of Criminal Convictions Are Far-Reaching For Minor And Major Offenses
Facing a criminal charge in Florida on suspicion of a minor misdemeanor or a serious felony is a serious situation that can change the lives of both the person charged and their family. A defendant may face repercussions such as high fines or time in jail or prison. The negative consequences often stretch beyond the criminal justice system, such as through the loss of job opportunities or professional licenses. Some people experience denials of mortgage or lease applications and other financial effects.
Reliable, proven criminal defense is essential after an arrest or during a criminal investigation. At Goldman, Monaghan, Thakkar & Bettin, P.A., our attorneys provide focused, effective criminal defense for individuals charged with a wide range of offenses in and around Brevard County, Florida. We fight to protect our clients’ constitutional rights at every stage of a defense case. We understand the seriousness of potentially missing long stretches of work during a trial, while behind bars or due to probation and community service requirements.
Our attorneys are ready to mount a vigorous defense in an effort to get a client’s charges dropped or reduced. We also offer practical advice on mitigating the damage. We have more than 30 years of combined trial and criminal defense experience and are ready to fight for your case.
We stress to anyone who has been accused, arrested or indicted how crucial it is for a person charged with a crime to immediately seek the advice and counsel of an experienced criminal defense lawyer. At Goldman, Monaghan, Thakkar & Bettin, P.A., we are here to help.
Assisting With A Wide Variety Of Criminal Offenses
We know the law and constitutional protections afforded to every citizen, and we will pursue every possible legal alternative to help our clients stay out of jail.
We often assist with criminal offenses involving:
- Violent crimes, including murder, manslaughter, kidnapping and arson
- Drug offenses, including possession, sale, manufacturing, cultivation, distribution and trafficking
- Assault and battery, including those involving domestic violence
- Aggravated assault and aggravated domestic violence
- Offenses involving weapons, including firearms
- Sexual assault and sexual battery
- Sexual misconduct by a psychotherapist or a person in a position of authority
- Crimes involving alleged child victims and solicitation of a minor
- Drunk driving offenses, including first, second and subsequent DUI charges
- Traffic offenses, including driving on a suspended license, leaving the scene of an accident or reckless driving
- Money laundering, wire fraud, mail fraud, embezzlement and other white collar crimes
How Goldman, Monaghan, Thakkar & Bettin, P.A., Can Help You
Our attorneys have decades of combined legal experience helping individuals throughout Brevard County with a wide range of criminal defense and other legal matters.
We understand what a criminal charge means to the person charged and his or her family.
Our goal is to offer aggressive representation and explore every possible defense, particularly when it comes to violations of search and seizure procedures involving unlawfully obtained evidence that police wish to use against individuals in a court.
Charged With A Crime? Contact Us At 321-353-7625.
Did the police conduct an unlawful search and seizure while investigating you? Learn more about what police can and cannot do when they search your property.