Mitchell Scott Goldman
- Managing Partner
Mitchell S. Goldman is the firm’s founder and managing partner. He practices in the areas of secured transactions, asset-based lending and commercial real estate law, with particular emphasis on lender representation. These include loans for commercial refinancing, real estate and non-real estate secured lines of credit, SBA 7(a) and 504 transactions and construction loans. He represents national, local and private lenders throughout the state.
He has extensive experience representing a variety of businesses, including physician groups, hotels, restaurants, multi-state service station owners and fuel dealers, general contractors, and real estate brokerages. He advises businesses regarding due diligence, acquisition, planning, permitting, financing, development, construction of facilities, leasing and fuel supply agreements.
An experienced real estate attorney, Mr. Goldman is a title agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company (including Chicago Title Insurance Company and Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company), and Alliant National Title Insurance Company. He handles commercial real estate transactions throughout the state of Florida, representing both lenders and borrowers.
Mr. Goldman is a native Floridian and a life-long resident of Brevard County. He believes it is important to support the community. Mr. Goldman served as past president of the Central Brevard Sharing Center, Central Brevard Chapter of the American Cancer Society, Brevard County Legal Aid Society, Crosswinds Youth Services, Inc., and was a founding member and past president of the Rockledge Rotary Club. He has served as legal counsel to the Cocoa Beach Area Chamber of Commerce and is also a member of the Eastern Florida State College Foundation Board of Directors.
When not working, Mr. Goldman can be found working out at the gym, biking along the Indian River, or kayaking. He also enjoys yoga and watching his favorite college and professional sports teams (Gators, Jets, Celtics, Cardinals, and Blues).
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate 80%
- Residential Real Estate 10%
- Corporate Law 10%
- Florida, 1984
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1987
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1984
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
- A.B. - 1981
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Economics / Western European Studies
- Chase Bank
- Community Credit Union of Florida
- Fidelity Bank of Florida
- Sunrise Bank
- John Zehrer, Chase Bank
- Jim Chastain, Community Credit Union of Florida
- "Basic Title Insurance", Bank of America
- "Closings from A to T", Chase Bank
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Founding Member and Past President of Rockledge Rotary Club
- Past Attorney for Cocoa Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
Pro Bono Activities
- Two Time Chairman of the Board of Directors of Crosswinds Youth Services, Inc.
- Past President Central Brevard Sharing Center
- Past President of Central Brevard Chapter of American Cancer Society
- Omicron Delta Epsilon