William H. Cantwell II (1970-2019) – In Memoriam
Bill is a native Floridian, born and raised in Miami. In 1999 he relocated to Brevard County and has been practicing there ever since. Bill's practice is devoted exclusively to civil litigation. He is Board Certified in Business Litigation and Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. Bill has extensive trial experience in the State Courts of Florida and West Virginia as well as in the United States District Courts. He also has extensive experience in appellate matters and arbitrations.
Bill is experienced in representing general contractors, subcontractors, owners and banks in construction lien actions, construction defect claims, bond disputes, warranty issues and providing advice regarding construction contracts, subcontracts, change orders and statutory notice. Bill has also litigated numerous types of real estate disputes including right of ways, easements, ways of necessity, slander of title and other title questions and enforcement of covenants and restrictions.
Additionally, his practice includes litigation of restrictive covenants, discrimination claims (Title VII and otherwise), intellectual property, trade secret litigation and general commercial and business disputes, as well as prelitigation counsel concerning dispute resolution.
Bill also has extensive litigation experience in the areas of zoning, municipal law, election law and land use. His trial experience extends to several states across the country and he has litigated business disputes ranging from straightforward breach of contract claims to complex disputes alleging misappropriation of trade secrets such as computer source and object code.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Litigation 50%
- Construction Law 50%
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar
- Board Certified in Business Litigation, The Florida Bar
- Florida, 1998
- West Virginia, 1995
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence - 1995
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1992
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Spanish