Handling HOA Collection And Enforcement For Brevard County
Collecting Delinquent HOA Fees
Real estate buyers who purchase properties with homeowners’ associations or condominium associations have an expectation that the HOA will handle certain aspects relating to the common areas of the property, such as the landscaping, lawn, pool and parking lot maintenance, among others.
In exchange, each owner pays a stipend to take care of such expenses. But, in some situations, owners fail to pay such fees, resulting in a deficiency to the HOA fund.
At Cantwell & Goldman PA, our attorneys provide full-service legal assistance to HOA and condominium associations including handling all aspects related to the collection procedure.
We work with board members and the manager on:
- Drafting collection letters and related procedures
- Filing liens, if necessary
- Handling issues relating to home or condo foreclosures
Enforcing Owner Obligations
In order to protect property values and aesthetic components of each property and corresponding common areas, it’s important that owners follow the association’s rules and restrictions provided for in the HOA bylaws or governing documents.
Our team helps HOA enforce these rules. We often assist associations with:
- Enforcement letters and the overall process involved with assessments or fines
- Amending current rules, restrictions or procedures
- Litigation matters regarding a dispute with an owner